Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music and Polo


Canon EOS 7D
f7.1
1/800th sec.
ISO 200
EFS 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS @ 135mm

Over the weekend I attended the MK awards with Joss. The event showcases the top South African artists in the music industry. Basically, the MK awards are the local version of the MTV awards. Unfortunately for me the majority of the talk was all in Afrikaans. I don’t speak any Afrikaans at all but luckily Joss managed to translate most of what was going on to me. It was an interesting evening and it was nice to see some of the more unknown local artists winning awards as well as the more popular ones.

My younger sister was in Cape Town over the weekend with her school on a water polo tour of the Cape. She is 14 and goes to Oakhill in Knysna. Oakhill is pretty small by anyone’s standards, having only about 250 students in total. I completed my last two years of schooling there but was pretty shocked upon arrival when I found out that there were only 25 or so people in my year in comparison to the 150+ in my previous school!

I managed to go and watch a few of the games they played against Herzlia, a school in Oranjezicht, very close to where I live. However, the games started at 8 in the morning on a Sunday! I’m not really one to sleep in late but I don’t particularly enjoy waking up at 7 on a Sunday. Haha, anyways I arrived on time with Joss and my other sister Kiera, who is 21. The games lasted the good part of the morning and by the end we were all cheering them on and shouting at the refs’ stupidity! All in all it was a lot of fun and a pretty interesting morning. I managed to get a couple of shots of one of the 1st team boys’ games. So I will leave you with one of those.

I also thought I would add on this picture of a cheetah from the Tenikwa cat sanctuary. Its one of my favourites so I thought I would post it for you all to see.

Hopefully I can find a few more interesting things to do!!

Until then! P.S.





Nikon D40x
f7.1
1/200th sec.
ISO 200
Nikon AF 70-210mm f3.5-5.6 @ 210mm

No comments:

Post a Comment